Wednesday 20 July 2016

Day 2.

Still pumping and taking fenugreek, I feel like a pumping machine. Thank god I got the Medela pump, it's extremely comfortable even though I'm constantly using it! After pumping I'll get 2-3 drops from hand expressing so something must be happening. We were out all day today so I didn't get much skin to skin and probably didn't drink enough water but I took my pump with me and pumped in the car every two hours as normal. I got the nipple shields and I'm extremely happy to say that Bean latched straight away and sucked for a good 15 minutes and fell asleep on the boob. She latched again before she went to bed but her Daddy was distracting her so it wasn't as long as the first time but it's still something! The feeding tube for the SNS will hopefully be here tomorrow but for now I'm happy to let her have boob for comfort whenever she wants if she's happy to latch. When the tube is here at least she will be able to stimulate my nipple while having her formula so she will hopefully figure out that food comes from the boob. Things are looking positive right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment